Sunday, October 05, 2008

World Card Making Day - Oct 4, 2008

All over the scrap world this weekend were online crops, friend crops, store crops, blog challenges and sketch challenges for World Card Making Day. Most people gage this as a "the" weekend to start making their Holiday Cards and while I'm no card maker I guess I started mine this weekend, too!! I'm up to 4 now....46 or so more to go! ;)

There was a mini crop at Scrap Shotz with lots of awesome challenges posted by the Creative Team and so far I've managed to do quite a few of them. DH was away golfing and talking about fishing yesterday so I had the whole day/evening to myself to scrap to my little hearts content...so I did!!!!
Here are the cards I completed accompanied by the link to the challenge at Scrap Shotz, I hope you'll check it out, too!


Kathy's Interactive Card Challenge
- as seen in the current issue of Canadian Scrapbooker

Virginia's Origami Christmas Tree Card

Carolyn's "A Christmas Carol" Card Challenge

Jen's Corner Pocket Card w/ Bookmark

Want to see something even yummier??? Check out the new Holiday Card Kits that where revealed this weekend during the crop....I think I mentioned YUM, right??!!!! There are 3 to choose from - or get all three, the price can't be beat!!!!

I'm heading back to my scrap table now...might create another card or two, or maybe I'll even do an actual layout!!!!! If you'd like to play along, here's a link to a Quick List of all the challenges, hope to see you there!!!

Don't forget to vote for your favorite layout at Your Memories By Design's So You Think You Can Scrap Contest - voting continues until midnight tonight, Oct 6th. See the link in the post following this one.

No comments: