Friday, November 28, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Now for some fun Pink Paislee creations...oh dear, I'm so addicted to this pp line right now...I've always liked it but lately everything they are coming out with is inspiring me big time!
**note the flower center here, it's a Tim Holtz circle Fragment...how cool are these things...I got some as a gift and had NO idea what to do with them...watched a video on Tim's blog and voila, I have a flower center!!! :) Love it!
These are portrait photos that I never know what to do with...too small to frame, he's already 3 years older than these pics so I decided to scrap them...they can't be submitted, etc. but they're still cute to me and I thought fit perfectly with the Pink Paislee owl!!
This one...way different than my usual style of scrapping but I wanted to showcase a pic of each of our neices and nephew and one together so trimming a few of the odd pics I had fit perfectly on this layout.
That's all for today...but it's only early, you never know what might arrive on here before the day is through!!! ;) Happy Scrapping!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Yup, I made the Design Team at Your Memories By Design....I'm soooooo excited to join this awesome team of ladies and working with Cat's handmade unique designs every month! Our term starts Jan 1, 2009 so be sure to come and check it all out and get familiar with the site and products if you haven't already...you won't regret it!!!!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I plan to make a whole bunch more...it might just be my "2008 ornament that I make for all the kids and family"!! I'm sure they will love them!!! :) TFL
Check out this blog post for details on the cards and links to how to create, etc.
Monday, November 17, 2008
I did this layout for YMBD "On the Menu" Challenge. It was originally the 4th weeks challenge for the SYTYCS contest that was cancelled and Cat decided "why waste an awesome challenge" so she posted it for us! I finally found time to create the layout and I love how it turned out!!!!
Course #1 - Corrugated Cardboard
Course #2 - Stamp Sampler
Course #3 - Transparency Puree
Course #4 - Ribbon Rigatoni
Course #5 - Chipboard Chocolate
Bold the number and line that you have done:
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyworld
8. Held a praying mantis
9. Climbed a mountain
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon - not yet!!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelos David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - every chance I get!!
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - only from the airplane
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating ( huh?!)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
On that note Are you a Vampire or a Werewolf? Take this little quiz and find out which team you're on!
You Are a Vampire
You are charming, sensual, and even a bit manipulative.
You can't help but get people to do what you want.
You have sharp senses and a strong predatory instinct.
You go after what you want, without mercy.
While you have the heart of a killer, many people are drawn to you.
You are elegant, timeless, and mysterious. You are the ultimate fantasy object.
I grabbed some of last years Basic Grey and went to town, the die cuts are so much fun!!!!
This next layout is new October Afternoon...one of my fav lines lately!!!!!! The colors are lucious without being overly bright!!!!
Based on this sketch from Beggahuna Sketches - yummy!!!!!!!!
Thanks for looking and come back soon...I have a few Pink Paislee (another fav-o-rite lines) layouts in my head and can't wait to get them done and uploaded!!! :)
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Here's another one from the same Fancy Pants line, can you tell I like it? Honestly, I really do! ;) lol This was the October Kit at Scrap Shotz and I was able to snag a kit this month...I miss being on the DT sometimes!!!! ;)
Monday, November 03, 2008
I did a little bit of scrapping this weekend, applied for a couple of Design Team postions and a guest DT position at a sketch blog...it's okay either way if I get none of them but hey, it's a way to get my work out there, right? In between 2 trips to the dump with "stuff" from our basment (ahh, the space down here now!!!), winterizing the boat and flower beds and cleaning up outside...we even had a bon fire of pine branches...nice!!!!!!, I did a little scrapping but my Sat. evening plans were thwarted by the fact that I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00PM!! My #1 reason why I don't lay on the couch in the evenings!!! lol
I did an overhaul on myself this weekend, too...new color, a 2 step jobbie that was actually kind of fun to do and it actually looks okay, I'll see about getting a picture tonight after work, see if hubby can work the camera for me! :)
That's all for now, maybe I'll get in a card or two before volleyball tonight!! :)