Sunday, February 15, 2009

YMBD Feb Mid Month Reveal and a couple other fun things!

First off...Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!! Hope you got to spend yesterday with your loved ones doing whatever makes you happy...I know I did!!!!!
So now, down to business!!! Cat has some awesome new flourishes, scrolls and images in the store and we got to play with some of it for our Mid Month reveal...can you say fun!!!!! I had a blast creating these layouts and cards...and everyone knows how much I love to make cards...not so much! LOL

Pretty In Pink has a gorgeous pink scroll and a really fun chipboard snowflake and journal tag on it! I painted the snowflake pink, added some Rangers Stickles and sprayed with Vanilla Glimmer Mist to match it with my layout colors. It's so easy to work with and adds great dimenion to the whole look!!!


Boys Will Be Boys has a gorgeous flourish...yep, even boy layouts can have a bit of "fancy" and still work...especially with the skull and cross bones Grungeboard to "man" it up!!!! This layout is based on the latest Mix it Up Challenge #5.



Now for the fun cards...you'll notice I'm using a LOT of old pp, embellishments etc. lately...this is for a reason!! SSZ is having a Trash Your Stash contest...100 projects before you can buy anything new...I've bought new, how can a girl like me resist?? She can't!!! But I have yet to use any new stuff...it's awesome to pull out "old" stash and see it all in a new light again!! Feels good. I'm about half way through the 100 projects so a while to go but I can't complain about anything that I've created lately...I love it all over again!!!

Some HS pp that I just had to have and didn't use on this card, my new scalloped circle punch (ordered before I started this stash but tools don't count for me in this non-buying challenge! ;)), old 7 Gypsie's rub ons and a fabulous flourish from YMBD finish off this card.



The best for last...it's probably my favorite card I've ever made....more HS pp and 7G's rubs and the amazingly sweet butterfly image from YMBD!!! Oh and a new Martha scallop punch...can't get enough of those border punches!!!!



These little cuties I made yesterday and took to the Valentine's party we went to last night...I made 10 in all (a nice addition to my stash challenge, I might add! ;)) and used Daisy Bucket stamps for the heart image and sentiment. They are 3x3 and so quick and fun to make, you could use anything for the image and make them work for any holiday or occasion!



That's all for now, folks...off to edit some pics I took for the Photography class I'm taking at SSZ and get a head start on my So Sketchy March layouts!! Some FUN stuff coming up for March, make sure you come back to check it all out!!!!!!

No comments: